White Bean Chicken Chili
White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe
3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/4-inch pieces
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large can chopped green chilis, seeded and chopped
1 cup chopped celery & carrots
1/4 cup lime juice
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
2-1/2 cups chicken stock or bone broth
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Optional toppings: sliced avocado, quartered cherry tomatoes and chopped cilantro, lime wedges, unsweetened Greek yogurt (sub for sour cream).
- Toss chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; saute chicken until browned.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; saute onion, celery and carrots until tender.
- Add bone broth, beans (rinsed and drained), chopped chilis (or sub a tsp of hot sauce), garlic, oregano, lime juice, and cumin; bring to boiling and lower temp and cover and simmer for 30 min minimum.
- Stir before serving. Sprinkle with cheese; add toppings if desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled chili in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 6 servings.
Contact Us Using the Button Below!
Information provided by local nutritionist, Amy Sotis.